Enter at your own risk.....

Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Day in the Life of a Bipolar Child

We have recently acquired a PCA for Sarah. What is that you say? Well....she is a person who helps Sarah with life skills, PT exercises, and other daily needs. However, her main job at the moment is keeping up with Sarah's energy level. To give you an example.....

On Monday, during a 5 hour period Sarah did all these activities, all lasting about 5 minutes:

Go outside, come inside, play with playdough, go back outside, come in finish playdough, giggle for no reason, stop to do PT, eat dinner, go shopping, come home, go swimming, come home, giggle some more, go outside, tell Mom "I'm bored", start a game, end the game, go do the Wii, go sledding in backyard, come in, giggle, giggle, decide to go to the school and play outside there, come home, discuss what we have done and that we have a lot of energy, giggle more, swing, play catch while on a balance ball, play guitar, have dessert, watch fish and frog, (see previous post), go back outside, come in, claim being tired, PCA goes home, get ready for bed, have a snack, ask about tomorrow, tell parents we can't possible sleep......and crash out 5 minutes later.

Wow, that makes me tired!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I dare read your blog or not...but it sure gives me an appreciation for you and Steve and your challenges. I'm adding you to my blog, so I can keep up-to-date better. We send our love and greetings. Uncle John and Aunt Diana

    ReplyDelete